Energooszczędne rozwiązania dla biur

5 proven energy-saving solutions for offices

Energy efficiency is a word that has recently been on everyone’s lips. However, energy-saving solutions are not only fashionable but, above all, profitable. The introduction of energy-saving solutions to the office is a step towards modernity and lower energy bills. How to easily reduce the costs of electricity and heat? Find out about the 5 best methods for an energy-saving office.

Energy-saving lighting for offices

Replacing lighting with energy-saving lighting is usually the first change introduced in offices. A traditional bulb converts only about 5% of electricity into light, and in the remaining 95%, it is responsible for conduction losses and thermal radiation. What lighting is energy-saving? This group includes mainly LED lighting, halogen lamps, and compact fluorescent lamps. Energy-saving light bulbs consume only 20-25% of the energy consumed by traditional light bulbs (e.g., an 8W compact fluorescent lamp is the equivalent of a 40W light bulb). What’s more, energy-saving lighting is distinguished by even several dozen times longer lifetime, which means less frequent replacement of light bulbs.

Biologically active lighting

A novelty among energy-saving solutions for offices is biologically active lighting, i.e., a LED system that controls light by adjusting its intensity and color to the time of day and current needs. Such lighting supports the natural human circadian rhythm by stimulating or reducing the secretion of melatonin – the hormone that controls our biological clock. Biologically active lighting provides high light output with low energy consumption, colors similar to daylight, and very long life. Automated lighting supports the well-being and productivity of employees while reducing energy consumption by up to 60%.

Suspended ceiling – a way for high ceilings

Although many entrepreneurs choose to install a suspended ceiling for aesthetic reasons, it is worth remembering that this solution can also bring energy-saving benefits. How? Well, the reduction of heat energy bills will be most noticeable in high ceilings offices, where a suspended ceiling has been introduced to reduce the room. As you know, heat escapes upwards, so the higher the interior, the more it needs to be heated. Suspended ceilings in the office effectively cope with this problem, and at the same time, are an extremely fashionable and stylish solution. For an even better effect, the space between the ceiling proper and the suspended ceiling can be filled with mineral wool.

Tight sealed windows and efficient ventilation

Leaky windows are the leading cause of high thermal energy consumption. Therefore, it is worth investing in energy-efficient windows and insulation of external walls. On the other hand, frequent ventilation is also responsible for lowering the room temperature, which, in turn, is contributed by an inefficient ventilation system. One of the most effective solutions is mechanical ventilation with heat recovery, which ensures a constant exchange of used air with fresh (filtered) air. This ventilation system reduces the symptoms of the so-called sick building syndrome, including headaches, drowsiness, fatigue, and irritation of the mucous membranes. Moreover, mechanical ventilation with heat recovery can reduce heating costs by up to 50%.

Replacing equipment and introducing good habits

Saving on hardware does not pay off at all. For example, CRT monitors use more energy than flat-panel monitors, as does a 10-year-old computer is much less energy efficient than the new model. The bad habits of employees also affect the high bills. Let’s introduce a few rules, such as turning off lights and equipment at work station after the day. Devices that are not turned off go into sleep mode, during which they continue to consume energy. It is also worth investing in power strips with a switch, which allows you to disconnect the power supply quickly and conveniently.