What are one-year and five-year inspections about?
When managing a building, no only remembering regular payments and current agreements with tenants but also periodic inspections required by the recent construction law is crucial. Find out what the annual and five-year inspections are and who is obliged to carry them out.
Who is required to carry out periodic inspections?
According to New Rental Law, the obligation to carry out annual and five-year inspections is imposed on property owners and managers, except owners and managers of single-family residential buildings and farm and holiday housing construction facilities. The remaining persons are required to carry out periodic inspections of the property.
What elements should be checked during periodic inspections?
- The technical condition should be reviewed at least once a year:
- building elements, structures, and installations exposed to harmful weather conditions and destructive effects of factors occurring during the use of the facility,
- installations and devices for environmental protection,
- gas installations and flue ducts.
- At least once every five years, the Act also imposes an obligation to check the technical condition and suitability for use:
- facility structure,
- the aesthetics of the facility and its surroundings,
- electrical and lightning protection installations.
Who carries out periodic inspections?
The inspections are carried out by people with building qualifications with relevant specialization. The Act clearly indicates that specialists may only carry out inspections of the technical condition of electrical, lightning protection, and gas installations with qualifications to supervise the operation of equipment, installations, energy, and gas networks. On the other hand, the flue liners” technical condition is checked by a master in the chimney sweep or by people with building licenses specializing in chimney sweeping. Authorized state service employees for the safety of damming structures are also authorized to inspect the technical condition of damming structures.